WelcomeThank you for visiting Commonwealth Psychological Associates, PLC. We have a 30+ year reputation as a trusted and knowledgeable practice that is recognized locally, nationally, and internationally. It takes courage to ask for help, but early treatment can keep small problems from becoming larger ones that seem unsolvable.
Located in McLean, Virginia, Commonwealth Psychological Associates provides services locally to include Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, Vienna, Manassas, Loudoun, Herndon, Chantilly, and the greater National Capital Area. We utilize a multi-disciplinary treatment team approach with dedication to the highest quality, state-of-the-art care available, provided in a warm and inviting environment.
Conveniently housed under one roof to simplify the diagnosis, treatment, and support of those in need of psychological services, our clinical staff consists of 7 clinical psychologists and neuropsychologists, a licensed marriage & family therapist, and an allied healthcare staff including an audiologist, art therapist, and a psychometric technician. All of our highly trained clinical staff are regarded as experts in their fields.
Our regular practice hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 9:00 pm, as well as emergency response 24/7, 365 days per year. Our approachable and accommodating administrative staff are available to take your call Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm. An answering service is available at all other times supported by a rapid pager system and an on-call doctor.
The initial phone consultation is free. Please give us a call at 703-734-0787, we are here to help.
ServicesFollowing is a summary of our typical services:
- Treatment of Anxiety / OCD / Panic Attacks / Phobias
- Treatment of Depression & Bipolar Disorder
- Pre-Natal Anxiety / Post-Partum Depression
- Trauma / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) / Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Grief, Loss, & Bereavement
- Anger Management
- Marriage & Family Stress
- Parent Training
- Coping with Chronic Illness/ Pain/ Health & Wellness / Mindfulness
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Sports Psychology
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Smoking Cessation / Habit Control
- Eating Disorders
- Learning Disabilities (LD) / Developmental Disabilities (DD)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Conduct Disorder / Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Forensic Evaluations / Corporate Consultations
- Non-suicidal Self Injury
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender (LGBT) Issues
- Tic Disorders
- Physical/Sexual Abuse